I’ve made the mistake to not use the lotion for sun and now I have skin marks . Obviously , I read all about it and now I can share with you what I’ve learned. Here are the most important things you can do after you are burned .
- Yogurt – I think this is the most common one ( I know about it from my grandma). Just apply it on the sunburned area and leave it for 15 minutes then rinse is off with warm water. It helps calm the symptoms caused by sunburn and also give you a refreshing feeling.
- Tomatoes – they are very rich in vitamin A which is very important in the process of restoring burned skin. Put some slice of tomatoes on the sunburned area and leave them for 30 minutes.
- Green clay – dissolve it in some water and apply the mixture on your damaged skin. Leave it for 2 hours. Green clay helps stop the swelling and facilitate healing.
- Baking soda – dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda into 250 ml cold water and apply compresses for sunburn relief.
- Lemon juice – apply some lemon juice compresses. They will help freshen up your skin and decontaminate the burned skin.
- Cabbage – crush some cabbage leaves and apply them on the damage area. Cabbage helps cure faster the burning.
- Marigold oil – it is well known the properties of marigold oil: wonderful moisturizer and also helps repair your skin.
- Aloe Vera – is the best natural remedy for any burns, including sunburns. If you have an aloe vera plant in your house you just need to cut a leaf and put the gel on the damage skin or you can buy aloe vera gel from drugstores.
- Green tea – compresses made from a green tea infusion ( 1 teaspoon green tea for 1 cup of boiled water). Apply the compresses for 10 minutes. Repeat it several times in one day.
- Potatoes – just grate one potato and apply it.
- Egg whites – you can either use them raw or mixed with honey or milk.
- Cucumbers – either slice one cucumber and apply it or grate and mix it with some milk and then apply it.
Your life will be much easier after you put these things on your skin!